Able Community is made up of persons with and without disabilities building affordable cooperative housing (“co-housing”) for people with and without disabilities seeking employment. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Able Community is the only inclusive cooperative housing for people with disabilities in the United States. Able Community moved into its first house in 2017. It provided three young adults with disabilities with housing since then, and is building capacity for more residents.
Please donate to our 501c3 to redefine independence via Zelle, Venmo, or PayPal to email@example.com.
New way online shoppers can help:
Similar to WikiBuy and Honey, Giving Assistant is a shopping rewards program for online shopping with an added donation option.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up and makes an online purchase through our link or Giving Assistant’s browser extension at one of the 4,000+ popular brands.
- Giving Assistant generates coupons and cash back savings with their purchase.
- Giving Assistant donates your cash back directly to any 501(c)(3) organization you choose.
If you shop Amazon, please shop via http://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-1913272. AmazonSmile donates part of your purchase to Able Community! Every cent makes a difference!!! Everything is exactly the same as shopping directly on Amazon.com.
- Simply go to smile.amazon.com (add a bookmark for future shopping).
- On your first visit, select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases.
- Please Choose “Able Community” in Arlington Heights, IL, Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation!
Shop by phone app? Just switch to smile.amazon.com in your phone’s web-browser after you add items in the app’s shopping cart. Amazon will remember your cart items from the app! Checkout and purchases will be AmazonSmile eligible!